Critical Care Nurse Managers
Two Positions Available:
Ephrata, PA & Waynesboro, PA
WellSpan Health is seeking two Critical Care Nurse Managers to oversee the Critical Care Units at Ephrata Community Hospital and Waynesboro Hospital. These are permanent, full-time positions based in Ephrata, PA and Waynesboro, PA. Competitive salary, annual bonus and relocation assistance is offered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends staffing levels as per professional organizations’ staffing guidelines.
- Ensures that appropriate nursing standards and practices are developed and implemented. Maintain established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental, and infection control standards as per goals and regulations.
- Identifies patient/client needs and develops quality programs to meet those needs; uses outcomes data to direct quality improvement action plans. Encourages staff to resolve patient/family concerns in a timely manner and assists staff when necessary.
- Monitors all high risk and complicated cases; ensures appropriate nursing interventions are implemented.
- Initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions using a Just Culture model and as per the System’s Human Resources policies.
- Ensures staff education in appropriate communication to protect patient confidentiality. Advocates social/professional equity among staff.
- Acts as a role model/mentor to nurses and staff; creates an empowered shared decision-making environment; promotes staff participation and establishes a vision/goal for succession planning.
- 3-5 years of experience, with a demonstrated history of leadership roles
- Bachelor’s Degree (MSN preferred)
- RN license in PA
WellSpan Health is a nationally recognized, integrated health system that serves the communities of central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Our organization comprises more than 20,000 employees, 200 patient-care locations and 8 respected hospitals serving York, Adams, Lebanon, Lancaster and Franklin counties.